Q & A with Nancy Morin (July 10, 2007)
1. When and where were you born?
Cornwall, Ontario, 1944.
2. Do you have brothers and sisters?
3. Did you like them when you were growing up?
4. What was your favourite thing to do when you were a child?
Painting and drawing, and making papier mâchée.
5. Did you have any jobs you had to do for your parents?
Helping in the garden.
6. What were your favourite classes at school?
Art and science.
7. Did you have a favourite game or sport?
Swimming and playing in nature.
8. Did you have a favourite book?
9. Did you draw or paint as a child?
All the time.
10. Did you know any artists when you were a child?
Just a few.
11. Did people think you would grow-up to be an artist?
I wanted to be a farmer!
12. How old were you when you decided to be an artist?
About 20 years old.
13. Why did you decide to become an artist?
I wanted to be happy.
14. Did you go to art school?
Yes, for four years.
15. Who is your favourite artist?
Chagall, I think.
16. What is the best thing about being an artist?
You make yourself and others happy!
17. What is the worst thing about being an artist?
18. If you could be anything else in the whole world, what would you be?
Actually, now I’m a Buddhist nun and I paint and gild statues and temples so I guess that’s the answer!