Q & A with Molly Lamb Bobak (April 11, 2007)
1. When and where were you born?
Vancouver, British Columbia, February 25, 1920.
2. Do you have brothers and sisters?
3. Did you like them when you were growing up?
4. What was your favourite thing to do when you were a child?
5. Did you have any jobs you had to do for your parents?
Gardening, lawn-cutting, etc.
6. What were your favourite classes at school?
9. Did you draw or paint as a child?
10. Did you know any artists when you were a child?
11. Did people think you would grow-up to be an artist?
I didn’t think.
12. How old were you when you decided to be an artist?
I attended the Vancouver School of Art age 18?
13. Why did you decide to become an artist?
Never decided – just a natural thing.
14. Did you go to art school?
15. Who is your favourite artist?
Cézanne – now I have no “favourites.”
16. What is the best thing about being an artist?
17. What is the worst thing about being an artist?
18. If you could be anything else in the whole world, what would you be?
Too late for this question! But I have never regretted my career. It has been good in Canada.