Q & A with Alex Coleville, April 2nd 2007
1. When and where were you born?
2. Do you have brothers and sisters?
One brother, born 1915.
3. Did you like them when you were growing up?
4. What was your favourite thing to do when you were a child?
Drawing, making model airplanes.
5. Did you have any jobs you had to do for your parents?
6. What were your favourite classes at school?
I liked them all.
7. Did you have a favourite game or sport?
8. Did you have a favourite book?
No, but I read a lot.
9. Did you draw or paint as a child?
Not much until about 10.
10. Did you know any artists when you were a child?
11. Did people think you would grow-up to be an artist?
12. How old were you when you decided to be an artist?
13. Why did you decide to become an artist?
I liked art.
14. Did you go to art school?
From age 15 I went to an after-school art class.
15. Who is your favourite artist?
16. What is the best thing about being an artist?
I enjoy working.
17. What is the worst thing about being an artist?
I can’t think of anything bad in being an artist.
18. If you could be anything else in the whole world, what would you be?